So there is one thing that has bothered me about our house here in South Carolina, that is the fact that several teenagers with booming stereos live in the neighborhood. Now, it isn't the noise that bothers me it is the feeling of familiarity that comes with cars with booming stereos!
Let me explain....
In New Orleans I always knew when Mac was arriving home from somewhere because I could hear the stereo blaring...pounding...pulsing in the car when he drove up. Sure there were other cars that had loud stereos, but more often than not they were driving really fast and the bleeps in the music could be heard way before the car got close to the house. Therefore ,I always knew when it was Mac. Plus, obviously the music stalled near the house as Mac usually waits in the car to finish the song or sometimes even the finish the next song. Well here in South Carolina, the teenagers drive by and I hear the familiar stereo sound and more often than not for a split second I think it is Mac, even when the car is parked outside!
So as I sit here with my husband in Washington DC, the kids asleep and the car parked in the carport, the repeat of familiar stereo songs are making me miss Mac...
You've got my letter....I've got your song

0 comments:
Post a Comment