Last week Marley attended a summer camp at Kalmia Gardens here in Hartsville. The camp was called "Week in the Wild". Personally, I think that our home these days could be considered "wild" by definition, but she had a good time venturing out in to the real wilds of South Carolina. During the camp they fed fish, caught snakes, talked to "Dude" the 3 legged "Green Iguana", and looked for birds. I was a little worried when I found out that they had rats, snakes and iguanas in cages in the building at the camp, but by the time Marley was finished she was a pro at dealing with the creatures. She even gave me a tour of the building on the last day and explained to me that the snakes we were looking at were "nocturnal" that is why they were sleeping. Marley came home with this cool mask that had snake skin, bird feathers, shells and seads on it. I will try to get a picture of her wearing it soon. Whenever she puts in on Jack wants to take it and destroy it, so currently it is put away from little hands! Below is a picture of the collage that they made of the activities she participated in throughout the week.


1 comments:
Marley, you always have so much fun! I am glad you got to learn about things in the wild, and that some snakes are "nocturnal"---somehow I bet you gave your Mom the full definition. I loved the collage, and can't wait until your Mom posts a picture of you wearing it, so don't let Jack ruin it, OK? We miss you guys, and are so glad you took good care of Grandma Jackie the past couple of weeks...she gets home later today!
Love,
Grandpa D.
Post a Comment