*Jack watching TV from the kissing chair *
I came across a few pictures that LaLa had taken of Jack watching TV. Yes, my kids watch TV. While I was really good about keeping the television shows age appropriate for Marley, Jack on the other hand views the shows on his level if he watches during the earlier part of the day, but once Marley gets home is thrilled to see shows like icarly, Spongebob Squarepants, and Drake & Josh. It is just the nature of the beast. Marley is much too grown up for Jack's current favorite show "Max & Ruby". While I find these particular series to be fairly boring and particularly odd that there are never any parents around, Jack well simply could watch it over and over and over again. Needless to say we have two episodes recorded at all times on our DVR as a parenting strategy.
On another note, while Marley never watches the Hannah Montana show, she does have some notebooks, a doll, and clothes with Hannah Montana on them. The other day Jack was holding a folder and I told him it was "Hannah Montana". He then repeated her name. I figured it was pretty much in one ear and out the other. I was wrong. While watching Sesame Street the other day Heidi Klum was in sketch with Elmo. He started yelling "tanna...tanna". He thought that she was Hannah Montana because of the haircut (I assume). I bet that doesn't happen to her very often. I thought is was quite perceptive for a 2 year old.

1 comments:
Jack is one perceptive dude...and has a great eye for the babes, which obviously could come from about any side of his family...
Of course when he asks to go see H. Montana in Columbia, that is another thing altogether!
Let's hope he keeps his adoration to the TV. And give him some props for loving Max & Rudy...compared to much of the other fare on the Noggin Network, its messages are very easy kids to understand...very talented kids, that is.
Go Jack! We love you!!!!
Post a Comment